No matter how much you love it when you first move in, there may come a time when you want to sell
your house. Should you get to this point, there are some steps you can take to quickly make the house
more appealing to buyers and get it off the market fast.
1. Clean your windows. Dirty windows aren’t just unappealing to buyers, they also prevent the
light from getting in—and people love a bright, sunny home.
2. Think curb appeal. When a potential buyer pulls up to your home, they’re already deciding
whether they want to buy it. Help make this decision easier by creating curb appeal with a clean,
well-kept exterior, new welcome mat, flowers, mulch and other location- and season-
3. Move out some of your furniture and all of your pictures. You want to create an almost blank
canvas that your potential buyers can easily imagine themselves living in. If you have rooms
totally full of furniture and collectibles and pictures everywhere, you make it harder for your
buyers to imagine themselves living there.
1. Clean everything. When you’re selling your home, it’s not the appropriate time to just do a quick
spot clean. Buyers are going to be extra picky when looking around. They’re going to imagine
their possessions and their children in the home and any dust, dirt or buildup will work against
that thought. From your baseboards all the way up to your crown molding, make sure it’s clean.
4. Make sure each room looks like it’s in top function form. Every room in your home should have
a well-defined purpose and should be arranged to completely fulfill that purpose. In other
words, don’t keep a treadmill in the bedroom, a playpen in the dining room or a microwave in
the living room.
5. Make cosmetic repairs. Before you put your house on the market, it’s time to fix those broken
cabinets, seal those ceiling cracks, patch holes and replace burnt out light bulbs. Don’t let your
buyers see your home as a list of things that need to be fixed—let them see it as move-in ready.